By Inga Cernei
Euro Canada News
TORONTO – November 21, 2016 – . The 2nd Annual Canadian FinTech Awards. The Digital Finance Institute honoured outstanding Canadian innovators who gathered at Fairmont Royal York Hotel.
This Black Tie Gala Awards event honours and recognizes FinTechs, innovators, leaders and professional advisors behind Canada’s most successful and up-and-coming FinTech companies and financial institutions.
Nine awards were announced to recognize the talent of entrepreneurs, financiers, start-ups, thought leaders, banks, law firms, investors and many others who help develop and support companies in the financial technology sector in Canada.
The Ontario Minister of Finance, the Honourable Charles Sousa has presented one of the recipient a Canadian FinTech Award.
Acclaimed FinTech entrepreneur Julia Streets hosted the 2016 Fintech Innovation Awards where all the best companies in the sector were recognised. Congratulations to all of the winners that emerged from a very impressive group of nominees.
Chair of Judges: Pan Cobley.
Guest speaker: Matt Hancock M.P. Minister for the Cabinet Office and Paymaster General on 11 May 2015.
Guest speaker: Dan Ariely, James B. Duke Professor of Psychology & Behavioral Economics at Duke University is a founding member of the Center for Advanced Hindsight.
1. Innovation of the Year the Winner is Clearscore Canada
2. Fintech Leader of the Year the Winner is Giles Andrews, Executive Chairman and Co-Founder of Zopa
3. Fintech Marketing Campaign of the Year the Winner is Cashless on the Catwalk at London Fashion Week by the 10 Group and Visa Europe Collab
4. Fintech Start-Up of the Year the Winner is Clearscore
5. Innovation in Corporate Banking Solutions the Winner is Idea Cloud By Idea Bank Sa
6. Innovation In Cyber Security/Anti-Fraud the Winner is Globalgateway By Trulioo
7. Innovation in Data Solutions the Winner is Nomis Solutions
8. Innovation in Insurance the Winner is Bought by Many Platform by Bought by Many and Ping an Insurance
9. Innovation in Lending the Winner is MarketInvoice Finance Company
10. Innovation in Money Transfer/FX the Winner is Azimo Canada
11. Innoation in Payments the Winner is Zwipe
12. Innovation in Risk Management the Winner is Imagine Software
13. Innovation in Trading Systems the Winner is FX Connect From State Street Bank
14. Innovation in Treasury Management the Winner is WalletSizing the Bank Relationship Management solution of Vallstein
15. Innovation in Wealth, Asset and Investment Management the Winner is EquityZen Investment Company